Non-stop assistance and support provided by experts and well-trained professional volunteers.
The Center for Mediation and Community Safety understands how intimidating it can be to try to call or text and tell a stranger what is happening to you. Many initial calls to the Helena Helpline are speechless. Later, the women told us that they were too afraid and ashamed to talk to anyone, even relatives and friends. The Mediation and Community Safety Center will never hang up the phone and will always read your messages. We will give you the time you need to talk and listen to the messages you choose to leave us.
The confidential and anonymous nature of the Helena Helpline provides a safe and non-judgmental space for you to talk about your experiences.
If you, or someone you know, is afraid of a close person, if you feel insecure or threatened:
* you can call us for free at Tel. Green: 0800.070.017 (accessible only in Romania);
* you can call the Emergency Phone: +40787.878.806, normal phone rate (voice call) and free online for text or voice messages on Telegram, WhatsApp and for SMS text messages.
* you can send a written message on the www.helenahelpline.com platform
Helena Helpline is accessible NON STOP in Romanian, Russian, Ukrainian and English.
The help-line service, assistance, information and telephone counseling will facilitate access to quality services that meet the needs of beneficiaries who are victims of abuse and domestic violence and/or gender-based violence, both from Romania and from Ukraine in transit or established in Romania as a result of the war.
• Information and guidance: the operator will provide the caller with all the information necessary to overcome the situation that led them to call the help-line services. Also, the operator will mediate the connection of the caller with support institutions/persons.
• Social counseling: through the team of specialists of the CMSC Foundation that provides specialized services for victims of domestic and/or gender violence.
• Psychological counseling: through the team of specialists of the CMSC Foundation that will provide specialized services for victims of domestic and/or gender violence.
• Facilitating communication: the operator will facilitate the caller's access to specialized services intended for victims of domestic and/or gender violence, if she requests these services.
• Specialized assistance: the operator will provide the caller with specialized assistance by informing and guiding him to access specialized services to get out of the state of violence.